Sam Smith cancels Australia tour over vocal hemorrhage 29 апреля 2015, 10:04
- Subscribe to the TengriNews news channel:
- Google News
- Яндекс Новости
- Email рассылка
- Found a bug?
- Select it and press Ctrl + Enter
Young singing sensation Sam Smith on Tuesday canceled the rest of an Australian tour after developing a hemorrhage on his vocal cords, AFP reports.
The 22-year-old British singer, who has maintained a punishing touring schedule amid a meteoric rise in his career, said he has been "vocally exhausted for a while now."
He was diagnosed with a small hemorrhage on his vocal cords after a performance Monday in Sydney, he said in a statement.
"The doctors have told me I need to fully rest until my vocal cords have healed, otherwise this could become a huge long-term issue," he said.
"I am so sorry to all who have bought tickets. I truly am. This kills me," he said.
Smith had been scheduled to perform through May 4 in Australia. Promoters said that they were looking to reschedule the dates for December.
Smith is scheduled to play in Tokyo on May 7 and 8 before extensive summer touring in Europe and North America.
Smith, who until a few years ago was a bartender in London, quickly amassed a global following with his song "Stay With Me," a soulful ballad about a one-night stand.
He was the big winner at the latest Grammys, taking home three of the four most prestigious awards.