Security Council experts discuss Kazakhstan's regional policies 12 июня 2013, 18:09
- Found a bug?
- Select it and press Ctrl + Enter
Kairat Kozhamzharov. Photo courtesy of flickr.com
The meeting of the expert council of Kazakhstan President’s Security Council was held in Akorda (presidential residence) in Astana, Tengrinews.kz reports citing the President’s press-service.
The meeting covered regional development of Kazakhstan amid threats and challenges to the national security and social stability.
The President’s assistant and secretary of the Security Council Kairat Kozhamzharov outlined the key issues of the regional development and emphasized on the priorities of the regional policies. He paid special attention to analysis of problems and risks, minimization of imbalances in social and economic development as means of retaining the political stability and national security.
“Members of the expert council and heads of the state authorities discussed the most important issues of the regional development including
- the course of implementation of the nation-wide and industry-specific programs,
- unevenness of the economic development of the regions,
- development of the rural areas and small towns,
- demographic trends,
- external and internal migration,
- as well as a complex of social issues in the regions,” the message states.
In the end of the meeting Kozhamzharov specified tasks for the state authorities and expert community, stressing the importance of a complex approach and a long-term strategic vision for the regional policies.