Immediate complete ban on launches of heptyl-run rockets impossible: KazKosmos Head 08 ноября 2013, 15:57
- Found a bug?
- Select it and press Ctrl + Enter
Talgat Mussabayev. Marat Abilov ©
Talgat Mussabayev, Head of KazKosmos National Space Agency, is ready for dialogue with those opposing to launches of heptyl-run carrier rockets from Baikonur, Tengrinews reports.
“Here at KazKosmos we do understand common people’s concerns over the launches. As you know, I was the first to speak against launching carrier rockets that use highly toxic heptyl and amyl”, he told journalists after meeting students of the Eurasian National University in Astana.
“Kazakhstan insists on reducing the number of such launches from Baikonur; however (…) an immediate complete ban on such launches is impossible for a number of reasons”, he said.
Public campaigns against launches of heptyl-run carrier rockets unfolded in Kazakhstan following the failure of a Proton-M carrier rocket in July.
Russia’s Proton-M carrier rocket [equipped with a DM-3 booster] carrying three Glonass-M navigation satellites crashed right after the lift-off at Kazakhstan-based Baikonur cosmodrome on July 2.
Tengrinews.kz reported September 30 that the first Proton-M carrier rocket after the July crash had been launched from Baikonur cosmodrome that day.