site.news_by_theme National Bank
Kazakhstan’s banks should sell their NPLs at a reasonable discount (…) they had better not concentrate on such NPLs; let the Toxic Assets Fund deal with them: Gregory Marchnko.
According to him, since February 2009 the Tenge has grown against the Dollar by 12%.
I believe we should work out an option acceptable for most of the country’s banks: Gregory Marchenko.
It could take us a decade if we build on the Eurozone experience, he believes.
According to Mr. Marchenko, 72% of the current retired people are females with the other 28% being males.
According to Gregory Marchenko, the Central Bank Governor, the suggested single system of ATMs will enable to cut down the service fee twofold as compared to the current average rate.
Kazakhstan's current accounts balance was $1.65 billion in surplus in January-March 2013.
The National Oil Fund’s assets as of April 1, 2013 stood at $59.806, 3.53% up against the start of the year.
Kazakhstan National Bank has issued a newly redesigned 2,000-tenge banknote.
He reminded that the banking sector’s debt reached its peak back in 2007 making up $47 billion, whereas today the figure stands at $10.6 billion.
Should the amendments be passed in the autumn only, no consolidation could take place.
Kazakhstan National Bank has approved the Key Monetary Policies of Kazakhstan for 2013.
According to him, in the long run the Government may need money to cover the budget deficit or finance some state-run projects and there might be a temptation to rely on pension savings.
They can be transformed into asset management companies; they can be transformed into pension funds working with voluntary savings schemes; or they can wind up and exit the market: Gregory Marchenko.
Pension savings are to be consolidated into a single pension fund by July 1, 2013.
The National Bank of Kazakhstan released 20 thousand coins with a nominal value of 5 thousand, 500 and 100 tenge dedicated to the Asian Games.
According to National Bank Vice Governor Bissengali Tadzhiyakov, the share of gold in the country’s gold and FX reserves stands at 22% at the moment.
Commemorative coins released by Kazakhstan's central bank mint can now be bought from the National Bank’s online shop.
According to him, the Government is to hire an assessment company to fairly and independently evaluate the assets so that they could be bought out later on at a fair market value.
According to the Bank’s PR Department, Mr. Marchenko hasn’t filed and doesn’t plan to file in resignation before the tenure expires.