Suit filed in death of 'Fast and Furious' actor Paul Walker 13 мая 2014, 13:54
- Subscribe to the TengriNews news channel:
- Google News
- Яндекс Новости
- Email рассылка
- Found a bug?
- Select it and press Ctrl + Enter
The widow of the man who was driving a sports car when it crashed, killing him and "Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker last year, is suing Porsche, AFP reports.
The suit filed Monday alleges the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT the two men were in did not have a proper crash cage or safety features in the gas tank. The suit said these would have saved both men.
Walker had completed much of his part in filming "Fast and Furious 7" before he died in November aged 40, in a high-speed car crash in California.
The suit was filed by Kristine Rodas, wife of the late driver Roger Rodas, in the Los Angeles County Superior Court.
A failure in the car's suspension system forced it to swerve out of control and hit trees while driving in Santa Clarita, California, according to the suit filed by Rodas.
"The Carrera GT was unsafe for its intended use by reason of defects in its manufacture, design, testing, component and constituents, so that it would not safely serve its purpose," states the lawsuit.
It seeks unspecified damages from Porsche Cars North America.
In January, coroners said the car carrying Walker and his friend was doing over 100 miles (160 kilometers) per hour.
After Walker's death, studio giant Universal suspended filming, before delaying the release date for the film, originally scheduled for this summer.
The film is now due to be released on April 10, 2015 in the United States.
The first "Fast and Furious" movie appeared in 2001. The series, with its focus on fast cars, tough guys, sexy starlets and exotic locales, is one of Hollywood's most successful global franchises.