Golovkin to face Lemieux in title unification bout27 july 2015, 19:26
- Golovkin is like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat: Daniel Jacobs
- I promise big show against Lemieux: Gennady Golovkin
- Cotto-Alvarez winner mandated to face Kazakhstan's Golovkin by WBC
- Golovkin-Lemieux press conference
- Don't forget disclaimer after Borat reference, especially when facing Golovkin
- Golovkin plans to fight in Kazakhstan before EXPO-2017
- Golovkin takes 2nd place in P4P after Maywether retires
- Golovkin appears in Apple Watch ads
- Golovkin vs Ward camp: animosity growing?
- Mario Ruiz releases God of War track prior Golovkin-Lemieux fight
- Golovkin-Lemieux face off and final press conference
- Unstoppable Golovkin wants all middleweight belts
Golovkin (33-0, 30 KOs), the WBA Super, IBO and WBC Interim middleweight champion will be debuting in the HBO PPV against Lemieux (34-2, 31 KOs), the IBF middleweight champion.
"In one word: finally. We've gone to great lengths to try to put unification fights together for Gennady. We have to give Lemieux and Golden Boy a lot of credit for stepping up to the plate. Gennady will not underestimate Lemieux. He is the biggest puncher he will have ever faced, and Gennady will be the biggest puncher Lemieux will have ever faced," Loeffler told ESPN.
In May, Golovkin TKOed Willie Monroe Jr and retained his three titles. Lemieux captured the IBF title in the fight against Hassan N’Dam in June. The negotiations for the Golovkin-Lemieux fight started right after the Canadian's victory.
"Everyone should be ready to have a new man to fear in the middleweight division. I am well aware of what kind of power I am facing, but I'm not worried about it. It's going to be a war. I know he's going to come to a fight. He might break my nose, but I'm going to break his too," Lemieux said via ESPN.
By Gyuzel Kamalova