Afghanistan became SCO observer 12 июня 2012, 10:38
- Found a bug?
- Select it and press Ctrl + Enter
Photo by Danial Okassov©
Nursultan Nazarbayev and other heads of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) member-countries signed a package of documents on the plan of the organization’s further activities,” Tengrinews.kz reported from Beijing.
Two signed documents are related to giving Afghanistan an observer status and a dialog partner status to Turkey.
The presidents also signed:
- Declaration on establishing long-term peace and prosperity in the region;
- Decision on approval of the major directions of the strategy of SCO medium term development;
- Decision on approval of the new edition of the political and diplomatic measures and mechanisms of SCO response to situations threatening peace, security and stability in the region,
- Decision on approval of the program for cooperation between SCO member-countries in countering terrorism, separatism and extremism for 2013-2015.
The total of 10 documents were signed in Beijing.
By Renat Tashkinbayev
- Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- Nursultan Nazarbayev
- Middle East & Africa