Astana to submit EXPO-2017 registration file in December 22 сентября 2013, 12:58
Kazakhstan Prime-Minister Serik Akhmetov met with BIE Secretary General Vicente Loscertales. ©primeminister.kz
Kazakhstan Prime-Minister Serik Akhmetov has met with the Secretary General of the International Exhibitions Bureau (BIE) Vicente Loscertales during the visit to France, Tengrinews reports citing the Prime-Minister’s official website.
The meeting covered preparations for hosting of the EXPO-2017 in Astana. “Kazakhstan is taking all necessary steps to ensure high-quality preparation of the exhibition,” Akhmetov said. The Prime-Minister updated Loscertales on the final stage of the preparation of the Registration File that will be submitted to BIE in December, as well as on the tender for the best architectural design of the exhibition.
“The international competition was participated by over 50 experts from different countries. The tender is held to choose the design that will be used for the EXPO exhibition complex,” the Prime-Minister said.
BIE Secretary General praised the level of Kazakhstan's preparation for hosting of the exhibition in Astana and stressed the Kazakhstan President’s role in the preparations.
“I met with Kazakhstan President in Astana and Nursultan Nazarbayev promised to personally supervise the process of preparation for the exhibition,” he said.
Loscertales informed that he had been working in this sector and organizing the exhibitions for over 20 years, “but have never seen any country to react so promptly and efficiently”.