The US Product Safety Commission on Wednesday issued a recall notice for 440,000 smoke and carbon monoxide alarms by Nest, a tech-driven start-up acquired by Google earlier this year.
Thanks to the generosity of a US forklift truck dynasty, pop star Katy Perry will soon take pride of place in the dignified National Portrait Gallery in Washington.
The United States has deployed 80 military personnel to Chad to help find 200 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram, who are blamed for a spree of deadly attacks this week including a massive car-bombing.
California police have arrested a 41-year-old man accused of kidnapping a teenager and sexually abusing her for a decade, after the alleged victim got in touch via Facebook.
A judge in the state of Florida has given a green light for a human rights abuses trial to move forward in the United States against Bolivian ex-president Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada.
Two police officers, a rabbi and a Boy Scout leader are among 70 men and one woman arrested on child pornography charges in the largest such bust in New York, officials said Wednesday.
David Beckham's hopes of seeing his new Miami football team play at a prime spot at the port of Miami were Tuesday all but blown out of the water in a major setback for the former Manchester United idol.
US search engine Google has overtaken rival technology titan Apple as the world's top brand in terms of value, global market research agency Millward Brown said.
The lives of three million women and babies can be saved every year by 2025 for an annual investment of about a dollar per head in better maternity care, researchers said.
Mexican researchers plan to extract the more than 12,000-year-old skeleton of a teenage girl whose discovery in an underwater cave has given new clues about the origins of the first Native Americans.
The company behind GoPro cameras used to capture sports action from players' perspectives filed on Monday to raise $100 million in a public stock offering.
Australia's Treasury Wine Estates on Tuesday revealed it received a Aus$3.05 billion (US$2.85 billion) takeover bid from US private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) and rejected it as too low.
Beijing summoned the US ambassador and accused Washington of double standards Tuesday over its unprecedented indictment of five Chinese military officers for cyber-espionage.