Nazarbayev approves concept of transition to green economy 03 июня 2013, 19:26
- Subscribe to the TengriNews news channel:
- Google News
- Яндекс Новости
- Email рассылка
- Found a bug?
- Select it and press Ctrl + Enter
Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev. Photo by Marat Abilov©
Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev has approved the concept of Kazakhstan’s transition to green economy, KazTAG reports. The decree was published in the official media on Saturday, June 1.
“To ensure Kazakhstan’s transition to green economy I decree: to approve the concept of Kazakhstan’s transition to green economy,” the decree writes. According to the decree, Kazakhstan government has to approve the action plan for implementation of the concept. The decree comes into effect on the date of signing.
The concept of Kazakhstan’s transition to the green economy lays the foundation for core transformations reforming the economy to improve well-being and quality of life of the people of Kazakhstan and to facilitate Kazakhstan's entering into the top 30 developed countries of the world minimizing negative impact on the environment and preventing degradation of natural resources.
The priority of the transition to green economy are:
- raising efficiency of use and management of resources (water, land, biological and others);
- modernization of the existing and construction of new infrastructure;
- improvement of well-being of the population and quality of the environment through cost-efficient ways of lowering the pressure on the environment;
- enhancement of the national security, including water security.
The concept of transition to the green economy will be implemented in three stages.
The existing programs will be used as tools for implementation of the concept:
- program for development of Kazakhstan's agricultural and agroprocessing industries in 2013-2020 Agrobusiness-2020,
- program of Accelerated Industrial-Innovative Development of Kazakhstan for 2010-2014,
- program of education development for 2011-2020,
- programs of territories development,
- strategic plans of state authorities,
- Zhassyl Damu program for 2010-2014 and other programs that are yet to be updated.
The plan is also to develop a state program for water resources management for 2014-2040. According to the calculations, transition to the green economy will boost the GDP by 3 percent, create over 500 thousand new jobs, form up new industrial and service sectors and raise the life standard country-wide in Kazakhstan.