Реклама +7(700) 388 81 09
  1. Main
  2. Learn
  3. Industry
  4. Industry, Infrastructure

Kazakhstan explores Chinese EXPO-2010 experience 01 сентября 2014, 12:36

38 facilities will be built for the upcoming EXPO-2017 international exhibition in Astana, Kazakhstan.
  • Found a bug?

Art Museum. Photo courtesy of Rosa Yessenkulova Art Museum. Photo courtesy of Rosa Yessenkulova

38 facilities will be built for the upcoming EXPO-2017 international exhibition in Astana, Tengrinews reports citing Aigul Mukei, press-office chief of Astana EXPO-2017 national company.

The total area of the EXPO-2017 facilities will amount to around 173 hectares.

A delegation of journalists and bloggers from Kazakhstan arrived to Shanghai where the EXPO was held in 2010 to see how Chinese use the facilities after the exhibition.

“Swiss Company IT Engineering SA, the general designer of the exhibition in Astana, plans to complete 70% of the works this year and the remaining 30% in 2015. Experience of the countries that have hosted the EXPO, including China, is important for us. We are looking at how the exhibition facilities are being used after the EXPOs. The period after the exhibition in Astana is very important for the city. We are considering possibly having a national museum, an art gallery and displays in the central pavilion. Shanghai has an art museum in the main pavilion and I found this idea very interesting,” Mukei said.

Mukei noted that the EXPO-2017 in Astana and the exhibition in Shanghai were different. The EXPO-2017 will be more specialized and will continue for 3 month. All the venues for the exhibition are constructed by the organisers and none of them will be disassembled after the exhibition. They will remain an EXPO site of Astana.

Shanghai’s EXPO-2010 was grand. Over 73 million tourists visited the city during the event.

“It has been four years since Shanghai hosted the exhibition. But nonetheless locals remember and talk about the exhibition with pride. I think that our citizens, too, need this spirit of unity and enthusiasm. The whole country waited for tourists and volunteers did their best. I think, there are things to learn from the Chinese. (…) We are expecting a big number of tourists, not only Chinese tourists, but also representatives of large corporations that will be participating in the EXPO-2017,” Mukei concluded.

The EXPO-2017 will take place in Astana from June 10 to September 10. Astana expects participants from over 100 countries, 10 international organizations and leading companies in innovative technologies. The city will host over 3000 cultural events during the exhibition.

Reporting by Roza Yessenkulova. Writing by Gyuzel Kamalova

Join Telegram