Golovkin ready for the next opponent 29 мая 2015, 03:01
- Found a bug?
- Select it and press Ctrl + Enter
WBA Super, IBO and WBC Interim middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin is looking for his next opponent, Tengrinews reports citing Vesti.kz.
Earlier in California, Triple G KOed the American southpaw Willie Monroe Jr in the 6th round of a title fight.
Golovkin gave a short after-fight interview to the HBO analyst Max Kellerman.
“I thank my second home – Los Angeles. I feel great and I’m happy to fight in front of you. This show is for you. I thank my team. I promised a show and I delivered,” Golovkin said after the fight at The Forum.
“Gennady, in the first two rounds, he barely touched you. You landed very precisely. You hurt him. You almost had him out in the second round. Then as the fight wore on, he started catching you with a lot of big shots. What changed?” Max Kellerman of the HBO asked after the fight.
“Max first of all I show him who is the boss. Who is the real champ. That is my hope. Second step, second step I give him chance. Just, I'm stay here just come on, bring big drama show let's go let's do it. Thank you. I know he's no joke. It's my present,” Golovkin said.
“Respect Miguel. Miguel he's great champion. WBC champion. Please after this fight, I don’t know who win, just I wait, I stay here, just I wait my big fight,” GGG added.
Triple G is ready for a big show now, he said. The undefeated champion does not want to wait for some “future” fights.
“(…) There's another name out there. Who's bigger than you, who when he's active is considered a top pound for pound fighter - Andre Ward. What do you think of a fight eventually against Andre Ward,” Kellerman told Golovkin.
“You know guys. This is sport. Andre - respect him. He is great athlete. Professional athlete. You know he need maybe right now start. You know. I understand his situation. Just first of all I think Canelo and Cotto. Next, of course, Ward. Just we are ready. For anybody,” the Kazakhstani said.
Golovkin’s coach Abel Sanchez stated that Triple G is ready to face Saul “Canelo” Alvarez in May or September 2016.
“Of course we want (to fight him). But in his fight last Saturday in Houston, if you listen to his promoter Oscar de la Hoya, he says they are interested in a meeting with Gennady – but in the future. We do not want it to happen within ten years. We are ready to face Canelo on May 5 or September 16, 2016,” Sanchez told Rigo Cervantez.
By Gyuzel Kamalova