Murray is the best available opponent: Golovkin01 november 2014, 14:05
- Highly anticipated Golovkin-Murray fight follows Mayweather and Pac-Man
- Golovkin to hold next fight in USA: Tom Loeffler
- Martin Murray is uncrowned champion: Abel Sanchez
- Golovkin's team arrives to Monte Carlo: 3 days till Golovkin-Murray fight
- Golovkin promises great show, Murray to show his "nasty" fighter side
- Gennady Golovkin knocks out Martin Murray in 11 round
- Could not keep Golovkin off and felt gutted: Murray after fight
“Murray is a strong fellow who had a good victory. Domenico Spada is a difficult opponent and his style is not an easy one to fight against. But Murray did his best and won the fight. I think, that a fight against Murray is a good fight for us,” Golovkin said.
In a fight for the WBC Silver middleweight title, Murray (29-1-1, 12KO's) won Spada (39-6, 19 KOs) in Monte Carlo on October 25. The Italian boxer lost in the 7th round of the 12 round fight after a doctor’s decision.
Golovkin’s (31-0, 28 KO) last fight in Monte Carlo was in February 1 against Osumanu Adama (22-4, 16 KOs). GGG TKOed the boxer from Ghana in the 7th round and defended his WBA and IBO titles.
The Kazakhstani boxer added that they have not been able to agree on a fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., Miguel Cotto or Saul Alvarez yet. Murray, on the other hand, agreed for a fight.
Meanwhile, K2 Promotions and Golden Gloves have already settled on the date for the Golovkin-Murray fight. GGG will face Murray on Februrary 21, 2015 in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
By Gyuzel Kamalova