Kazakhstan Prime-Minister and Kazakhstan Government resign02 april 2014, 19:08
- Nazarbayev offers Massimov as new Prime-Minister of Kazakhstan
- Parliament votes for Massimov as new PM
- President Nazarbayev signs appointment of Massimov into force
- Nurlan Nigmatulin replaces Massimov as Head of Presidential Administration
- Ex-Prime-Minister Serik Akhmetov appointed Defence Minister
- Adilbek Dzhaksybekov appointed State Secretary of Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan's Cabinet formed
Prime-Minister of Kazakhstan Serik Akhmetov has resigned. He is the head of the Government so his resignation automatically meant resignation of the Government of Kazakhstan, Tengrinews reports.
“The Head of the State has accepted my letter of resignation submitted in accordance with the Law on Government. On behalf of the government of Kazakhstan and in my own capacity, I want to express my deepest gratitude to President Nursultan Nazarbayev for his credence. I want to add that in accordance with the Law on Government, resignation of a prime minister entails resignation of the whole Cabinet. However, the Cabinet retains its powers until the new Cabinet is formed. That is why I would like to express my gratitude to all of you for your cooperation and wish you all the best. I hope the new government will remain the same for the most part and will continue to work in the best interests of our homeland Kazakhstan,” Serik Akhmetov said at the meeting.
President Nazarbayev has already met leaders of factions of the Majilis (lower chamber of the parliament) to discuss candidates to the position of the Prime-Minister of Kazakhstan.
A joint meeting of both chambers of the Parliament is scheduled to take place at 6 p.m. today. The new Prime-Minister will most likely be announced at the meeting.