Tengrinews TV Радио Tengri FM Радио Жұлдыз FM Laws of Kazakhstan
KZ RU EN
Write us +7 (727) 388 8020 +7 (717) 254 2710
искать через Tengrinews.kz
искать через Google
искать через Yandex
USD / KZT - 336.23
EUR / KZT - 360.30
CNY / KZT - 48.86
RUB / KZT - 5.28

Muslim Brotherhood denounces new Syria massacre

08 june 2012, 10:25
0
Syrian Muslim Brotherhood secretary-general Ali Saad-al-din Bayanouni. ©REUTERS/Francois Lenoir
Syrian Muslim Brotherhood secretary-general Ali Saad-al-din Bayanouni. ©REUTERS/Francois Lenoir
Syria's Muslim Brotherhood on Thursday accused the Damascus regime of being behind a new massacre in the strife-torn country and said the world community, including Arab nations, also bear responsibility, AFP reports.

The Islamist group said more than 100 people, including women and children, had been massacred on Wednesday in the town of Al-Kubeir, in the central Hama region, and dozens more were killed earlier the same day in Al-Haffa, a town in the costal region of Latakia.

"The series of successive massacres continues," the group said, accusing Syrian President Bashar al-Assad of pushing an agenda that clearly ignores global efforts to end 15 months of bloodshed.

The Brotherhood said the international community, including Arab and Muslim countries, are also accountable for the latest killings, which come following a similar massacre in the town of Houla last month.

"We hold the international community, including all of its institutions and member states, as well as Arab and Muslim countries, responsible for what is taking place in Syria in terms of killings, massacres and violations," the group said in a statement.

The massacre in Al-Kubeir was carried out at a farm by the pro-regime Shabiha militia armed with guns and knives after regular troops had shelled the area, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

"What is certain is that dozens of people died, including women and children," the watchdog's head Rami Abdel Rahman told AFP.

The Syrian government denied responsibility, saying that a "terrorist group" was behind an assault in Al-Kubeir that it said left nine people dead.

Нравится
Add comment
Most Read
Most Discussed