Tengrinews TV Радио Tengri FM Радио Жұлдыз FM Laws of Kazakhstan
KZ RU EN
Write us +7 (727) 388 8020 +7 (717) 254 2710
искать через Tengrinews.kz
искать через Google
искать через Yandex
USD / KZT - 336.23
EUR / KZT - 360.30
CNY / KZT - 48.86
RUB / KZT - 5.28

Kazakhstan athletes gained 74 London Olympic spots

24 april 2012, 12:22
0
An excerpt of 2012 London Olympic Torch. ©REUTERS
An excerpt of 2012 London Olympic Torch. ©REUTERS
As of today Kazakhstan athletes gained 74 spots in 16 sports for the 2012 London Olympic Games that will start on July 27 in London, Tengrinews.kz reports, citing Kazakhstan Sport and Physical Education Agency’s press-service.

It is expected that more than 100 Kazakhstan athletes will qualify for the Olympics in 25 sports by the end of the qualifying period. There are 2 spots in the shooting sports, 8 in weight-lifting, 12 in track and field athletics, 9 in boxing, 4 in rowing and canoeing, 5 in Greco-Roman wrestling, 3 in women wrestling, 6 in free-style wrestling, 2 in cycling, 3 in taekwondo, 3 in whitewater, 2 is gymnastics, 1 in trap-shooting, 1 in rhythmic gymnastics, 1 in water polo (men’s team) and 16 in fencing gained by the athletes as of today.

The athletes were assigned with the task to perform in the Olympics successfully and to win three or more gold medals that is to show higher results than in the previous Beijing Olympic Games. It is expected that Kazakhstan national team will bring more than 13 medals on total and be successful enough to fight for a place in the third ten in the overall country standing (28th place provisionally).

Six regions of Kazakhstan are the main suppliers of athletes for Kazakhstan's national teams. The representatives of Almaty, Astana, South Kazakhstan, East Kazakhstan, Karaganda and Almaty oblasts make up 60% of the members of national Olympic teams. The remaining 10 oblasts make up 40% of the teams.

Нравится
Add comment
Most Read
Most Discussed