Tengrinews TV Радио Tengri FM Радио Жұлдыз FM Laws of Kazakhstan
KZ RU EN
Write us +7 (727) 388 8020 +7 (717) 254 2710
искать через Tengrinews.kz
искать через Google
искать через Yandex
USD / KZT - 316.56
EUR / KZT - 342.14
CNY / KZT - 45.99
RUB / KZT - 5.52

US has 'no current plans' to take Cuba off terror list

02 may 2013, 18:07
1
The United States does not foresee taking Cuba off its blacklist of countries accused of supporting terrorism, which also includes Syria, Iran and Sudan, AFP reports citing an official.

"There are no changes in our list of state sponsors of terrorism," State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said in an email.

"The Department has no current plans to remove Cuba from the state sponsors of terrorism list."

The State Department had been expected to publish its annual report on terrorism, which includes the blacklist, on Tuesday. It could be released later this month.

"We do not use the report to announce new designations or rescissions," Ventrell said. These can happen at any time.

Washington accuses the communist-run island of harboring Colombian rebels, Basque militants and US fugitives.

Washington and Havana do not have official diplomatic relations, but each country has an interests section in the other.

The United States imposed an economic embargo on Cuba in 1962 that prohibits US citizens from visiting the island and spending money there without special government authorization.

President Barack Obama has eased some measures, including making it easier for Cuban-Americans to visit relatives on the island, and said he would be ready to change the policy if he sees evidence of political reform.

Нравится
Show comments (1)
Most Read
Most Discussed
Today
Week
Month