Kazakhstan rates development of sport21 сентября 2012, 13:08
- In 20 years of independence Kazakhstan sportsmen won Olympic medals in ten sports. Rating.kz made a research to define the most dynamically developing Olympic sports in Kazakhstan. Here is the list of these sports:
- 1. Weightlifting. Federation President: Kairat Turlykhanov. Achievements of 4 Kazakhstan weightlifters Zulfiya Chinshanlo (gold medal), Maiya Maneza (gold medal and Olympic and world record), Svetlana Podobedova (gold medal) and Ilya Ilyin (gold medal and two world records) in London became a sensation for Kazakhstan’s sport.
- Kazakhstan weightlifter Ilya Ilyin at London Olympics-2012. ©AFP
- 2. Cycling. Federation President: Kairat Kelimbetov. Despite of the fact that Kazakhstan allocated huge money for development of professional cycling, the team’s veteran Aleksandre Vinokourouv was virtually the only sportsman who showed excellent results in this sport in Kazakhstan.
- Kazakhstan's Alexandre Vinokourov (C) celebrates as he crosses the finish line. ©AFP
- 3. Track and field athletics. Federation President: Pavel Novikov. Thanks to the triumphal performance of Olga Rypakova, the federation managed to repeat the result of the year 2000. Track and field athletics offers the largest number of medals at Olympic Games (47) and subjectivity of judges is minimal in this sport.
- Kazakhstan athlete Olga Rypakova at London Olympics-2012. ©AFP
- 4. Boxing. Federation President: Timur Kulibayev. The researchers believe that development of Kazakhstan boxing is an example of a successful use of the position of the Federation’s President and AIBA Vice-President that Kulibayev has been holding since March 2012.
- Kazakhstan boxer Serik Sapiyev after victory at London Olympics-2012. ©AFP
- 5. Greco-Roman wrestling. Federation President: Serik Sultangali. The results of the last Olympics in Greco-Roman wrestling were the best in the last 12 years. But the only medal was won by former Russian citizen Daniyal Gajiyev. Broad political and business connections of the Federation’s President Serik Sultangali who used to chair KazTransGas until February 2011 positively effect equipment and funding of the team.
- Kazakhstan Greco-Roman wrestler Daniyal Gajiyev won bronze at London Olympics-2012. ©AFP
- Worst results were demonstrated by judo (Federation President Beket Makhmutov), freestyle wrestling (Federation President Serik Sultangali), taekwondo (Federation President Shamsat Issabekov), pentathlon (Federation President Berik Imashev) and shooting (Federation President Imangali Tasmagambetov).
- The group of sports with the negative development dynamics includes water polo, rhythmic gymnastics, archery, rowing and canoeing and swimming. But not all the sports in the outsiders list are hopeless. For example, rowing and canoeing team showed very promising results at the Olympic Games in London.
- Olympics-2012. Water polo. Kazakhstab vs Croatia. ©AFP
- Obvious outsiders among Kazakhstan’s Olympic sports include triathlon, track cycling and diving. Despite of the traditions in these sports, Kazakhstan was not even represented in the sports events in London.
- “In less than 3 weeks 13 Kazakhstan sportsmen managed to do something that hundreds of politicians failed to do in the last 20 years: to awaken patriotism and pride in every Kazakhstan citizen. The London victories of our sportsmen helped unite the nation for achievement of new heights,” the agency’s experts state. However, in their view, improvement of the results in elite types of sports (equestrian sport, water sports, rowing, running, cycle track, fencing and all team sports) would have been an unprecedented “global” image-generating PR for Kazakhstan.
Photo by Danial Okassov©
Хотите больше статей? Смотреть все
13 july 2012, 14:42
05 july 2013, 13:54
09 november 2015, 16:18
28 september 2012, 16:35
31 january 2014, 11:09
29 july 2014, 10:37
30 june 2014, 13:16
11 february 2015, 13:19
19 may 2015, 14:51