9 police officers dead, 14 wounded since beginning of 201110 ноября 2011, 16:55
9 officers of Kazakhstan law-enforcement authorities died and 14 were wounded during performance of their duties since the beginning of the year.
In most of the cases investigations of the murders of law-enforcement personnel did not exclude that the criminals were members of extremist groups.
According to analyst of the Association of Near-border Cooperation Marat Shibutov, such manifestations of terrorism are quite possible in Kazakhstan: murder of personnel of law-enforcement authorities and officials with the main objective of paralyzing the state apparatus.
- February 24: A police inspector of Shalkody village of Almaty oblast Yerlan Terimbekov was stabbed in the chest during apprehension of an earlier convicted drunk man. The policeman died of the wound.
Policeman is checking cars and drivers' licenses. ©Tengrinews.kz
- May 17: A suicide bomber blew himself up in the building of the National Security Department in Aktobe. The blast caused his death and injured a guard and the employee of the oblast National Security Department.
- May 17: A patrol police sergeant and 2 military conscripts were injured during apprehension of 2 drunk young people in Karaganda.
- May 24: An Audi-100 was blown up next to a pretrial detention center of Astana National Security Commission and Kazakhstan Temir Zholy industrial facility in Astana killing two people. Both victims were civilians. The bomb contained no destructing elements.
- June 27: 21-year-old inspector of Zhambyl police department of under-aged crime of Moiymkum region was attacked in Almaty. The policeman was shot in the stomach from a traumatic gun.
- July 1: Officers of Patrol-Guard Service Nurlan Alpysbayev and Aidos Borambayev were shot in Shubarshy village of Aktobe oblast.
Policemen are seeking for the killers of Nurlan Alpysbayev and Aidos Borambayev. ©tengrinews.kz
- July 2: Officer of the Special Purpose Forces Ruslan Zholdybauev was killed during apprehension of criminals suspected of murdering a policemen. Three more policemen were injured.
- July 8: One more officer of theSpecial Purpose Forces, police major Aibolat Imanbayev, was killed during performance of his duties in Kenkiyak village of Aktobe oblast. Policemen of Kenkiyak village police Turarbek Yeshpaganbetov was wounded.
Military camp between Shubarshi and Kenkiyak villages. ©Tengrinews.kz
- July 11: A group of prisoners stabbed two officers of correctional system and shot another four during an attempt to escape the prison in Balkhash, Karaganda oblast. One of the victims died on the way to the hospital.
- July 29: An authorized operations officer of the extremism-countering department of Aktobe Oblast Interior Department Rustem Kenzhalin was killed during performance of his duties.
- November 8: Two patrol policemen Maksat Dabylov and Galymzhan Abdirov were killed in Almaty from 9-mm gun, supposedly Makarov handgun.
Two policemen were shot dead in Almaty. Photo shows the scene of the event. Photo courtesy of quorum.kz
- November 9: A police inspector was stabbed after arrival to one of the residential buildings in Kokshetau.
Besides the listed facts, there were multiple cases of light body injuries to policemen performing their duties.
Kazakhstan policemen. Photo courtesy of newskaz.ru