Tengrinews TV Радио Tengri FM Радио Жұлдыз FM Laws of Kazakhstan
KZ RU EN
Write us +7 (727) 388 8020 +7 (717) 254 2710
искать через Tengrinews.kz
искать через Google
искать через Yandex
USD / KZT - 334.48
EUR / KZT - 355.62
CNY / KZT - 48.58
RUB / KZT - 5.25

Atyrau blast is a consequence of frivolous treatment of previous attacks: Expert

02 november 2011, 14:52
0
Political expert Rassul Zhumaly. ©Yaroslav Radlovskiy
Political expert Rassul Zhumaly. ©Yaroslav Radlovskiy
Kazakhstan law-enforcement forces made a mistake by calling the terrorist attacks in the country something else, political expert and orientalist Rassul Zhumaly told Tengrinews.kz. He thinks that fearing to frighten people and touch off panic they have provoked even worse consequences.

According to the expert, the authorities were not serious enough about previous blasts in Aktobe, Atyrau and Astana, criminal situation in Almaty and the last statements of the Soldiers of Khalifat group. Zhumaly thinks that all these blasts are connected with each other, because the ground is the same: social discontent, unemployment, depression of the western region, etc.

The expert does not believe that there is one and the same organization behind all the terrorist attacks. However, he says that three blasts in a row cannot be just a coincidence. He is also surprised that the terrorist acts are done in a "similar fashion". For example, Zhumaly says, the suicide bombers blew themselves up without causing any significant damage to other people. There were no victims after the blasts in Atyrau, Aktobe and Astana. Besides, another significant detail is that the suicide bombers blew themselves up next to government buildings. This is some kind of a preliminary signal to the authorities that continuation is going to inevitably follow, the political expert said.

“There is an impression that the authorities have been scared to frighten people. The experience of western countries shows that it is necessary to be open about everything and call things their real names. Do you remember that Aktobe suicide bomber's blast was tagged his way to avoid criminal charges? Nobody said it was a terrorist attack,” Zhumaly said. “Besides, the last statement of the Islamic group on the coming blasts were not taken seriously either and even publicly called nonsense.”

Earlier Tengrinews.kz English reported that Supreme Mufti of Kazakhstan Absattar Hadji Derbissali tagged the statement of the Islamic group Djund Al-Khalifat (Soldiers of Khalifat) nonsense and called people to stay calm. He did not give much attention to the extremists' video-address and noted that Kazakhstan had been threatened before.

Zhumaly reminded again that it is necessary to stop the tendency of uncontrolled education of Kazakhstan's young people in foreign religious seminaries. “Everyone closed their eyes on it and nothing was controlled. There was no analysis of what they were taught there. We need to take better care of young people and decrease unemployment level. I think that there was some kind of a prejudice that Kazakhstan would never face terrorist attacks, and that everything goes well in our country a priori. When there was a shootout with Uigur separatists in the middle of the 2000s in Almaty the approach was pretty much the same and in the end it was called a regular criminal showdown. Such behavior is understandable, but on the other hand, the global practice shows at this approach won't work: problems of separatism, extremism and terrorism have to be solved on public level and openly talked about,” Zhumaly stated.

Earlier Tengrinews.kz English reported that two explosions happened in Atyrau in the morning of October 31. The first blast was in the garbage can at Kulmanov street. An hour later a man blew himself up in Saryarka region. Islamic group Djund Al-Khalifat (Soldiers of Khalifat) claimed responsibility for both explosions.


By Roza Yessenkulova

Нравится
Add comment
Most Read
Most Discussed