Tengrinews TV Радио Tengri FM Радио Жұлдыз FM Laws of Kazakhstan
KZ RU EN
Write us +7 (727) 388 8020 +7 (717) 254 2710
искать через Tengrinews.kz
искать через Google
искать через Yandex
USD / KZT - 335.61
EUR / KZT - 361.32
CNY / KZT - 48.79
RUB / KZT - 5.26

Norway killer could get 30 years: prosecutor

26 july 2011, 18:07
0
omb and terror suspect Anders Behring Breivik (red top) leaves the courthouse in a police car in Oslo. ©AFP
omb and terror suspect Anders Behring Breivik (red top) leaves the courthouse in a police car in Oslo. ©AFP
Norwegian police could seek to charge the man who says he carried out last week's killings of 76 people with crimes against humanity, which would carry a maximum penalty of 30 years in prison, AFP reports.

The new charge against Anders Behring Breivik would mean he could serve more than the current 21 years he faces for terrorism-related charges after Friday's twin bombing and shooting, a term that many Norwegians feel is not long enough.

Prosecutor Christian Hatlo told Tuesday's Aftenposten newspaper that the new charge, which became possible after entering into law in 2008, was currently only "a possibility".

"Police have so far cited... the law on terrorism but seeking other charges has not been excluded," police spokesman Sturla Henreiksboe told AFP.

"No final decision has yet been taken," he said.

Нравится
Add comment
Most Read
Most Discussed