Jenner could face manslaughter charge over US car crash21 august 2015, 14:16
Transgender Olympic champion Caitlyn Jenner could face misdemeanor manslaughter charges over a deadly car crash in February when Los Angeles police reveal the results of an investigation into the accident next week, AFP reports.
Jenner -- then still known as Bruce -- was at the wheel of a large SUV that collided in Malibu with a smaller white car that then swerved into oncoming traffic.
The 65-year-old Jenner walked away unhurt from the four-car crash, but one woman died and four other people were injured.
"We have completed the investigation and will present the case to the DA's Office next week," Lieutenant Patrick Mathers of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Malibu/Lost Hills Station said Thursday.
Detective Richard Curry of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said there's a "50/50" chance that Jenner will be charged, though there is "nothing really egregious" in the case, Variety magazine reported.
Jenner became an American sports hero by setting a world record in the decathlon at the Montreal Olympics in 1976.
But it was through marriage to the former Kris Kardashian that Jenner once again became a household name with the reality TV series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," appearing as the sometimes bemused stepfather of her flamboyant daughters.
The couple wed in 1991 and have two daughters together, Kendall and Kylie. They recently divorced.
Jenner came out as a transgender woman in a television interview in April, when she discussed how she had been grappling her gender identity since childhood. She unveiled her new first name and look in June.
After the accident in February, Jenner said in a statement: "My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident."