Tengrinews TV Радио Tengri FM Радио Жұлдыз FM Laws of Kazakhstan
KZ RU EN
Write us +7 (727) 388 8020 +7 (717) 254 2710
искать через Tengrinews.kz
искать через Google
искать через Yandex
USD / KZT - 324.98
EUR / KZT - 378.34
CNY / KZT - 48.01
RUB / KZT - 5.53

Only 19 percent of Samruk-Kazyna employees improved qualification

14 may 2012, 17:00
0
Samruk-Kazyna headquarters in Astana. Photo by Vladimir Dmitriyev©
Samruk-Kazyna headquarters in Astana. Photo by Vladimir Dmitriyev©
Only 19 percent of the production personnel of Samruk-Kazyna companies have undergone trainings to improve their qualifications, Tengrinews.kz reports citing chairman of Samruk-Kazyna Umirzak Shukeyev as saying at the meeting with top managers of Samruk-Kazyna companies.

“49 thousand out of 263 thousand people have undergone training. This is only 19 percent. In global practice this indicator usually stands at 50-100 percent. We have to step up training several times. Our systems of qualification improvement of the production personnel do not meet our needs or strategic goals. Trainings and qualification improvement of the engineering and managerial personnel is not tuned to meet our strategic plans or resolve the problems that the company faces,” Umirzak Shukeyev said.

He said that 6.6 billion tenge ($44.6 million) had been spent in 2011 to improve qualification of the company’s employees. “There are 16 corporate training centers in the group. Almost all companies have training centers in the regions. Kazakh-British Technical University and Samruk-Kazyna corporate university are also part of this system. Meanwhile, only 44 percent of the employees are trained in the corporate centers and the remaining 56 percent are trained elsewhere,” chairman of Samruk-Kazyna added.

He stressed that even with Kazakh-British University (KBTU) and the training centers working at full steam there were many aspects that remained uncovered by the training.

“KBTU is involved in this system only slightly and the fund’s needs are not taken into account in the University’s curriculums. Samruk-Kazyna system does not have a sufficient base for high-quality training. Right now all the training centers are working individually, even those servicing the same sectors. They are not taking advantage of the synergetic effect of the companies being in the same group. Our problems are directly linked to the problems in education system and the country-wide quality of professionals. We have to work with university graduates who have to be retrained when they come to the company,” Shukeyev said.


By Aidana Ussupova

Нравится
Поделиться
Add comment
Most Read
Most Discussed
Today
Week
Month