The Spirit of Tengri: taste of world ethnic music in Almaty24 april 2014, 22:15
- Throat singing extraordinary Radik Tyulyush to perform at The Spirit of Tengri
- Kazakh ethnic band Aldaspan to present new album at The Spirit of Tengri
- First time ever electro jetigen at The Spirit of Tengri
- Namgar to bring ancient Buryat and Mongolian songs to The Spirit of Tengri
- The Spirit of Tengri opens this Saturday June 7
- The Spirit of Tengri opens today
- The spirit of the Great Steppe now on DVD - The Spirit of Tengri
The second The Spirit of Tengri festival will take place in Almaty on June 7th, Tengrinews reports.
The Spirit of Tengri showcases a mixture of Central Asian ethnic music with a contemporary sound. The organizers of the festival aim to bring artists whose music pays homage to ethnic sound but puts a contemporary twist on it from different countries together on The Spirit of Tengri stage in Almaty.
All ethnic music lovers and curious souls are welcome to The Spirit of Tengri that opens its stage on the square in front of the Republic Palace at the crossing of Abay and Dostyk streets on June 7th.
Musicians and singers from Japan, Buryatia, Yakutia, Austria, Ecuador and other countries will perform at the festival alongside Kazakhstani ethnic artists. All in all, the festival brings 12 bands.
The theme of the festival is going to be all about routs and art, but the details and theme are still kept secret, stage director of the festival Sergey Maiboroda hinted to Tengrinews.
Tengri FM is the organizer of the festival. Kaspi Bank is the general partner of the event. The Almaty Akimat (municipal authorities) is supporting the event.
The first international festival of contemporary ethnic music took place in June of 2013. 11 bands participated in the first The Spirit of Tengri. Music videos are available at the Facebook page of the festival.
Get a taste of world ethnic music on June 7th on the Republic Palace square on corner Abay Avenue, Dostyk Ave 56.