Astana will be home to branch of Shaolin Temple
Astana, Kazakhstan’s capital city, will be home to a branch of the famous Shaolin Monastery, Galymzhan Torkayev, a monastery graduate and a thriving businessman, told Kazakhstan’s Express-K.
According to him, years of talks at long last resulted in success. “It will be an unprecedented event as such possibilities are normally beyond discussions in Shaolin. It a completely closed world, another reality. However, we managed to persuade the mentors that opening a branch in Astana would be mutually beneficial. Shaolin will be closer to Europe, reducing the “load” of the mother temple that accommodates a colossal inflow of tourists”, he said.
He elaborated that monks would be teaching wushu in Astana. “The service is quite costly; but we have almost resolved the financing issues. These will be Kazakhstan’s investments. There are all the reasons to believe the (…) project will be of great significance to Kazakhstan from the image-making perspective”.
- Kazakhstan MP responds to Vladimir Putin's statement on lack of statehood in Kazakhstan 
- Video of Kazakhstanis in Syria is a manipulation: expert 
- Kazakhstan’s President commissions Parliament to prevent possible adverse challenges to national economy and security 
- Kazakhstan’s Energy Minister suggests carpooling to save on petrol 
- Kazakhstan’s President: Government won’t be cutting down on social obligations 
- Kiev warns of 'great war' with Russia as its forces retreat