Boxing: Golovkin yields Best Eastern European Fighter title to Klitschko
The rating was put together by American sports website Bleacher Report.
Gennady Golovkin, who had 29 professional fights and not a signle loss, got the 2nd place in the ranking. He is the current WBA and IBO Middleweight Champion. The Kazakhstan professional boxer finished 26 of his bouts with KOs. This takes his knockout percentage rate to 89.65% and makes Golovkin to holder of the greatest KO ratio in middleweight championship history, 1st among all the active current and former champions, and 3rd in the overall championship history. He has never been knocked down or knocked out in over 375 fights, both as a professional and amateur.
Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko, who was given the 1st place in the ranking, holds the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO titles in heavyweight.
Russian boxer Sergey Kovalev, the WBO world champion in light heavyweight, rounded up the Top 3 of the ranking.
On February 2 in Monaco GGG defended his WBA and IBO titles for the tenth time by TKOing Osumanu Adama (22-4, 16 KO). It marked Golovkin's 29th win in the professional boxing ring. The middleweight Tyson, as he is often called, has 26 KOs in his record.
The next fight was scheduled to take place on April 26 in Madison Square Garden, New York, but the boxer's father died and the fight was cancelled.
It is expected that Golovkin will return to the ring in July and face his next rival Mexican Julio Cezar Chavez Jr.
- Kazakhstan discusses corruption rating with Transparency International and OECD in Paris 
- Pakistan Ambassador praises Kazakhstan's living standards 
- Vatican's ex-ambassador to Kazakhstan stores thousands of child porn photos and videos 
- Efforts to preserve rare nomad dog breed in Kazakhstan 
- Kazakhstan canoe team brings 3 gold: Asian Games 
- Climber captures video as Japanese volcano erupts