Fountain season starts May 1 in Almaty
May 1 is the day Almaty will start its fountain season this year. 10 large fountains will be turned on, Tengrinews reports citing the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control of Almaty.
This event is a part of the celebration of the Nations Unity Day.
The first fountains to be turned on this season are:
- the larger and the lesser fountains of the First President’s Park (crossing of Al Farabi and Navoi streets),
- fountains near the Kazakh-British Technical University (crossing of Tole bi and Panfilov streets),
- fountain near the Circus (crossing of Abay and Zhandosov streets),
- fountains near Abay Opera House (crossing of Kabanbai Batyr and Panfilov streets),
- fountain near Musrepov Theatre for Children and Youth (crossing of Ablay Khan and Mametova streets),
- fountain on the Republic Square (crossing of Satpayev and Furmanov streets),
- two fountains near the Akimat (city administration) on the opposite side (accross Satpayev street) from the Republic Square,
- fountain near Al Farabai Kazakh National University (crossing of Timiryazev street and Vesnovka river).
All the other fountains of Almaty will start operating some other time in May.
Almaty is rich with trees and fountains that help create an enjoyable environment in the city even on hot days. The first fountain was constructed in Almaty back in 1948. Currently the city has 125 fountains. 28 of them have been renovated over the last five years and two more will be renovated this year.
May 25 is celebrated as the Day of Fountains – on this day all the fountains of the city start working at 9 p.m.
- Kazakhstan protected from illegal transportation of WMDs 
- First World Nomad Games draw crowds 
- We want to make Kazakhstan one of the safest and most comfortable countries: Senate Speaker 
- Eurasian Development Bank issues bonds in Kazakhstan 
- Moscow marchers condemn Kremlin role in Ukraine war 
- D&G put Seville into Sicily as partnership burns as bright as ever